GCompris on OSX (Mac)

JAZEIX Johnny jazeix at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 20:15:45 UTC 2016

On 08/11/16 20:25, Ütkarsh Tiwari wrote:
> Hello Mr. Jazeix,
>      I would like to contribute to GCompris. I am on Mac OSX platform.
> I was unable to find any tutorial to setup GCompris on Macbooks. Could
> you please guide me how to get about it?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Ütkarsh Tiwari

Hi,

as Bruno answered you last time, you can try to compile using cmake.

You have some info at
http://gcompris.net/wiki/Qt_Quick_development_process to compile for
linux, it should be similar to compile for mac.

You need to install cmake, Qt (https://www.qt.io/download-open-source/
for OS X host) and git. Then, you can follow the steps in the link above
(either using QtCreator or in terminal "cmake && make &&
./bin/gcompris-qt").

I add the list in cc as some people on it have already compiled for macOSX.

If you have issues, feel free to come in the irc channel if it is easier
for you.