[gcompris-devel] more sounds ( music and item names )

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Wed Feb 5 08:02:03 UTC 2003

I am not convince of background music. Based on the current sounds
management implementation we cannot mix sounds. So it would be difficult
to have a mix of words and a background music.
Also, in schools the background music would be a mess.

That said, we could easily add a field background music in each board
xml menu and gcompris could play it continously or once.
This way, boards with sounds could simply ask for no background music
until we can mix.

Everybody, jump on the piano ;)

BTW, I would be more interrested in real musical oriented activities
like ear training.
My favorite would be discover famous melodies. It would be the
equivallent to the famous paintings in gcompris.

If we do this, I am sure hollywood will pay us tons of money to let us
add famous movies ;)))

Also I'd like to add famous monuments (effeil tower, egypt pyramids and
so on)

Bruno.