[FreeNX-kNX] Port Assignment

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Thu Mar 12 18:53:01 UTC 2015

"FreeNX-kNX" <freenx-knx-bounces at kde.org> wrote on 12/03/2015 14:25:50:

> On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 7:15 AM,  <chris at ccburton.com> wrote:
>
> >                 let AGENT_DISPLAY=$SESS_DISPLAY+4000
> >
> > and see if that fixes it ( by skipping over any used ports)
> >
> >  Please let us know if it works before/after
> > so
> > Akemi can update it ( if he's still around and can be bothered )
>
> I'm around, just less active. :)
>
> Akemi

Hi Akemi, nice to hear you're still with us  . . .

Just had another look through wth relevant code . . .

This OP's potential for running into problem will be a bit worse when he
has his FreeNX machine configured for ports in user-land because:-

The code just looks for an open LISTENER on each port
         - so gets tripped up by source ports which are in use (but not
listening)
because
it is used by the load balancer;
         so in that senario it will be checking for free ports on other
machines,
         which it can only do by attempting a connection

So in both local and load balance senarios the server needs to keep away
from source ports which I guess is his fix.

Above is still a bug tho I think.

Well see what the OP says when he's had time to look at it . . . .

chris