[FreeNX-kNX] Scientific Linux rpm for nxagent from epel repo conflict on xkb/keymap.dir

Alex Aminoff aminoff at nber.org
Fri Mar 7 18:18:58 UTC 2014

I am running Scientific Linux 6.3 (a clone of RHEL6.3). freenx used to
work, but does not anymore. We seem to be missing
/usr/libexec/nx/nxagent and some other related files. I tried to install
the nxagent package from epel, but got this:

Transaction Check Error:
   file /usr/share/X11/xkb/keymap.dir from install of
nxagent-3.5.0.22-1.el6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package
xkeyboard-config-2.3-1.el6.noarch

Doing some googling I am guessing that this was an attempt to avoid this
bug:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/FreeNX#Keyboard_Mapping_problems

I think I can work around this by downloading the rpm manually and
installing it with special flags to rpm; but perhaps the package
maintainer of nxagent could remove keymap.dir from their package?

  - Alex Aminoff
    NBER