[FreeNX-kNX] Ubuntu PPA Feedback, mate-desktop

Christopher Chavez chrischavez at gmx.us
Thu Mar 6 16:26:46 UTC 2014

18:57:08 UTC 2014)

I was able to get mate-desktop on Trusty as well, and have so far
tested it successfully with OpenNX client for Mac.

> But, just discovered that mate desktop is working ok.
> The only problem is that resizing nx client don?t resize the desktop.

The last time I tried in my setup, the desktop resizing worked (to set
it up as virtual desktop and the rest of Xquartz to work in the first
place requires some tweaking though). I get funny things to happen
resizing my desktop, though, even when using mate inside virtualbox
(panels getting stuck at the top, for example), so you might want to
be careful.

> On the freenx-server Depends, I suggest removing "gnome-session" (now it
> implies a gnome-shell session), and changing "gnome-session-fallback" to
> "gnome-session-flashback" (following upstream's rename).

I noticed as well, that gnome-session is a dependency; I think that
since mate-session works fine then it should be included as a
substitute/satisfying dependency for freenx-server, in case someone
prefers not to or simply is unable to install gnome 3/unity. In my
case, the test host's hardware is too old for unity, so I worked
around the gnome-session dependency using an equivs dummy package.

Christopher Chavez