[FreeNX-kNX] Server setup; no logging & command not found

Lucky0106 lucky0106 at msn.com
Tue Feb 18 16:45:46 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask a question that is more Ubuntu-specific: I'm hoping
that it won't be too far off topic from the freenx server in general.

I've finished setting up the server and I would like to start
connecting. So I start up the NoMachine NX client on my windows computer
to connect. I've set it up for the SSH protocol, and I try to auth using
my ubuntu username and SSH private key (although it might be the private
key that freenx generated; I can't quite remember which).

The connection is dropped however, and when I look at the clientside
logs from NoMachine, I see my SSH log in welcome message, followed by a
line saying "the command was not found". Trying to find more information
on my server is fruitless, however, as the nxserver.log file is
completely empty, despite me setting the logging level to 5 and
subsequently rebooting the server. The log file also appears to be owned
(and is writable by) an nx user.

If anyone can help me get up and running, that would be wonderful.

P.S. Is the freenx server still actively developed? I see there hasn't
been a stable release in nearly four years!