[FreeNX-kNX] Release: FreeNX 0.7.3 "Priscilla One Year Edition"

Chris chris at ccburton.com
Tue Oct 22 11:51:36 UTC 2013

freenx-knx-bounces at kde.org wrote on 16/10/2013 18:43:25:

> Dear Fabian,

Fabian et alii are long departed . . .

. . . .off to the real world of paid work, homes, families etc

> I wonder if I could ask you a quick question relating to FreeNX?
>
> Back in 2012 there was a mail on kde.org relating to FreeNX:
> http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/freenx-knx/2012-July/009691.html
>
> It concerned resuming suspended sessions when connecting to FreeNX
> (nxserver) from a machine running NX Player - basically you couldn't
> connect to resume the session……

This was because the original FreeNX, tho' attempting to be fully
compatible with nomachine's version, wasn't quite, but worked anyway
with nxclient ( tho not NXPlayer )

The issue which Nick came across was a slight difference in formatting
of the text strings which list running sessions to the client.

This meant that the client couldn't display the running sessions
allow you to select one to re-connect . . .

> Later in the thread there is a post by Nich Couchman who supplied a
patch:
> http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/freenx-knx/2012-July/009695.html

yup

> Unfortunately the patch seems to relate to a different nxserver
> script, so we aren't able to apply it.

except manually, which I see you have done.
tho
if you change the line numbers in the patch ( to match your nxserver)
and
maybe run the "all white space is equal" switch eg.

         patch -l < patch

it might work  . . .

> Please can you let me know if this solution really worked, and is
> worth pursuing, or if there is some other version of FreeNX out
> there which we don't know about :-)

The various distros have all diverged slightly, tho most of the core
of the scripts remains the same .  . .

Ubuntu has moved the furthest due to the inclusion of a lot of debug
so
whilst it is mostly the same, the line numbering is very different.

The white spaces might be different also . . . see above

> FYI we have nxserver version 3.2.0-74-SVN installed on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
>
> Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.

Looks like you've already done it to me . . .