[FreeNX-kNX] Nomachine 4 out....

Marco Passerini marco.passerini at csc.fi
Thu Oct 17 13:07:43 UTC 2013

On 2013-10-17 15:54, Sabuj Pattanayek wrote:

> yup. Anyone have a surefire way of getting fluxbox to work in RHEL6 with
> NX? It just refuses to show anything but a root window.

Are you talking about the Nomachine client 4 or in general?

If you're talking in general about fluxbox+nx :
The RHEL/EPEL fluxbox package versions didn't work well for me with NX,
the CPU goes to 100% and you can't do anything. This is the reason:
As a workaround I downloaded the source RPMs from
http://pkgs.org/fedora-17/fedora-x86_64/fluxbox-1.3.2-4.fc17.x86_64.rpm/download/
and installed those. Now it works kinda ok, but I still have problems
with the keyboard layout, it does not receive the client layout, it just
defaults to US keyboard.