[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX is alternatives

Steffen Bollmann stebollmann at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 14:31:42 UTC 2013

An interesting alternative to NX is possibly http://www.xrdp.org/ - we
use it to connect windows XP client PCs to a Fedora Server. The cool
thing is that the users do not have to install additional software -
they just use the remote desktop tool built in windows and connect.

the sourcecode can be found at: https://github.com/FreeRDP/xrdp

a script for installing it in Ubuntu/Debian is available from
http://scarygliders.net/tag/xrdp/

Hope that helps
All the best
Steffen