[FreeNX-kNX] Hanging at resume

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Tue Nov 12 10:32:43 UTC 2013

freenx-knx-bounces at kde.org wrote on 12/11/2013 07:17:56:

> Hi all,
>
> I spent a couple of hours yesterday and finally .... I got FreeNX
> working :)

?? were there any issues ??? should take about 15 mins . . .

> together with the official NX client 3.5 on Windows.

Try fritz's openNX client too :)

> Server is an Ubuntu rary without root privileges and I set up for
usermode.

> It works more or less ... but about every 2nd reconnection fails.

Does it subsequently sucessfully reconnect ??
even
if you have to try a few times,
or
 do you have to give up and kill the session an start a fresh one ???

[SNIP]

> NX> 596 Error: Session restore failed. Reason was: Session: Display
> failure detected at 'Mon Nov 11 23:10:44 2013'.

[SNIP]

> NX> 1000 NXNODE - Version 3.2.0-73 OS (GPL, NX4U Edition, using backend:
> 3.2.0)
> /home/luke/NX4U/bin/nxserver: line 1547: 32452 Terminated
> sleep $AGENT_STARTUP_TIMEOUT
> NX> 105 NX> 596 Session startup failed.

This means that nxserver didn't see agent in time.

It's all a bit convoluted tho . . . .

[SNIP]

> Any ideas? Any ideas where I could continue debugging?

Sounds like it's just a timeout (this is an issue with asychronous
scripts)
however
you mention user mode . . . . so . . . .

> Any help/hints greatly appreciated!

OK then . . .

So
Set

        NX_LOG_LEVEL=6
        NX_LOG_SECURE=1
        SESSION_LOG_CLEAN=0

in your node.conf

Clear the main nxserver.log file
then
re create it  chmod  777

Start a new session . . .

1/ gzip the
         ~/.nx/C-server-display-. . . /session
file ( i.e. before the error )

2/ Suspend.

3/ Try a reconnect.

If you get the error then gzip the session file again ( i.e. afterwards)

4/ Send me both of those gzips and a gzip of the main log file
        ( you may want to remove you external IP addresses etc )

*** PLUS ***

5/ a gzip of your

         nxnode nxserver node.conf

You may as well send them direct to me rather than the forum
because most people won't be too interested,
and
it saves having your details published for posterity . . .