[FreeNX-kNX] Any plans for Ubuntu packages of FreeNX for 12.10?

Marcelo Boveto Shima marceloshima at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 15:11:49 UTC 2013

Hi,

I don't have plans to upload FreeNX for 12.10.
I have plans only to upload a new version with the fix for NXPlayer 4.

On Friday, 8 de March de 2013 at 01:07, Paul Schulz wrote:

> Greetings.. are there any plans for Ubuntu 12.10 packages of FreeNX?
>
> - Is there anything specifically stopping this from happening
> (upgraded libraries/new dependencies?) other than a packaging effort..

Nothing, only that the 12.04 packages should work great on 12.10,
and servers should run LTS versions.

> - Where would you recommend I start?
The easy way is create a ppa and copy packages rebuilding for 13.04

The following packages are needed:
freenx-server
nxcomp
nxcompext
nx-libs (depends on nxcomp and nxcompext)

The correct way (for each package):
apt-get source (package)
dpkg -x (package)
cd (package)