[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX CentOS Permission denied (publickey, gssapi-keyex, gssapi-with-mic)

OwN-3m-All own3mall at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 18:56:03 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 4:32 AM, <chris at ccburton.com> wrote:

> freenx-knx-bounces at kde.org wrote on 27/07/2013 04:50:24:
>
> [SNIP]
>

> > Last login: Fri Jul 26 20:43:23 2013 from localhost.localdomain
> > [user at localhost ~]$ exit
> > logout
> > Connection to 127.0.0.1 closed.
> > -bash-4.1$
> >
> > So, that worked.
>
> YUP - ssh is ok by the sound of it.
> and
> that means you have
>          the PASSDB private key
>  and
>         permissions
>  correctly set up in your
>          ~/.ssh/authorized_keys
> file.
>

> So next you need to check the PASSDB password database file
> so
> what is in:-
>         /etc/nxserver/passwords
> ????
>
> NOTE:-
> it ought to contain your username and md5 hashed password in format:-
>
> . . .
> user-name:md5-hashed-password
> . . .
> other-user-name1:md5-hashed-password1
> other-user-name2:md5-hashed-password1
> other-user-name3:md5-hashed-password1
> . . etc . .
>
> *** so be careful what you do with it ***
>

> If you run
>
>         echo "mypassword"|md5sum|cut -d" " -f1
>
> the output should match the hashed password field.
>

> ***** WATCH OUT FOR DUPLICATE ENTRIES etc *****
>

> I'm not sure how you have organized your passwords.
>
> The password hashed in the PASSDB file needs to be the
>
>         SAME ONE you use in the nxclient
>
> but
>         needn't be the same as your user password in Linux/FreeNX
>
> because you are using key authentication to set up your user session.
>
> This is why it's such a mess cos there are
>
>          two password/databases
>
> to track/sync/de-sync/keep secure
>

> [SNIP]
>

> good luck. Let us know how you get on.

The hashes match for the password.  The permissions on the "passwords" file
are 600 owned by nx:root

Yeah, I'm a bit baffled here as to why it's not working.  My NXClient
states that "The NX service is not available or the NX access was disabled
on host x.x.x.x", and when you click on "Detail" it shows: