[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX & Pulse Audio?

Nick Couchman Nick.Couchman at seakr.com
Fri Jan 25 17:51:49 UTC 2013

>>> On 2013/01/24 at 11:55, Henning Heinold <h.heinold at tarent.de> wrote:
> Am 2013-01-24 18:58, schrieb Nick Couchman:
>> I believe the newest versions of the commercial NoMachine system use
>> PulseAudio to forward sound from Linux servers over to pretty much
>> any
>> client.  I was wondering if there are any efforts underway to do the
>> same for FreeNX, and how much effort it would be to replace the ESD
>> sound infrastructure with Pulse?
>>
>> -Nick
>>

> There is no development within freenx actual. If you want pulseaudio
> now look
> at x2go.

Interesting...any particular reason?

Is x2go compatible with the other array of NX clients?  It looks like it uses the same NX agent components, and since we use a combination of FreeNX and the commercial NX offerings, I like the fact that one client will (mostly) work with both of the servers.

-Nick

--------
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient, please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR) Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you are strictly prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and delete the message from your mailbox.  Information contained in this message that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor attributable to SEAKR.