[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX & NoMachine Player - Connection Issues

Nick Couchman Nick.Couchman at seakr.com
Mon Jan 21 22:29:20 UTC 2013

>>> On 2013/01/21 at 09:57, <chris at ccburton.com> wrote:
> freenx-knx-bounces at kde.org wrote on 20/01/2013 23:46:53:
>
> Nick
>
> I thought I'd have another look at nxplayer myself, as I've
> been forced to look at client software again due to that font rendering
> issue so . . .
>
> I just installed
>         nxplayer-4.0.181-3.x86_64.rpm
> on an Openuse 12.2 workstation ans pointed it at an Opensuse12.2 FreeNX
>
> It connects but (nxplayer) segfaults quite a bit, I think associated
> with that font issue . . .
>
> nxplayer.bin[]: segfault at 0 ip 00007f7fb2e77757 sp 00007f7fab45fe50
> error 4 in libnxdispfb.so.4.0.181[7f7fb2d03000+204000]
> nxplayer.bin[] general protection ip:7fa28f9265ee sp:7fffa33488e8 error:0
> in libc-2.15.so[7fa28f8a2000+19b000]

[SNIP]

Just a quick follow-up on this - I looked for segfault messages but I'm not seeing any, so I'm not sure what's going on there.  However, I tried OpenNX on my Mac here at the Office today, and it seems to work very reliably.  I need to fire up a Linux and Windows system here and try out various clients and see what I can get to work and/or fail.  Signs are pointing more toward the client at this point, but I still cannot seem to get any valuable error messages (especially on the client side) that tell me where the issue is.

-Nick

--------
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient, please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR) Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you are strictly prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and delete the message from your mailbox.  Information contained in this message that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor attributable to SEAKR.