[FreeNX-kNX] preventing data transfers over SSH, yet still allow NX sessions.

Julie Ashworth ashworth at berkeley.edu
Mon Feb 4 19:25:41 UTC 2013

hi Mark,
you can do this with a NX load-balancer and chrooted-home
directories, where the chroot environment doesn't include the
scp/rsync binaries.

So, on the NX load-balancer, configure something like...

sshd_config:
Match Group *,!devel,!root,!nx
    ChrootDirectory /srv/chroot
    X11Forwarding no
    AllowTcpForwarding no

auto.master:
+auto.master
/srv/chroot/home /etc/auto.home --timeout=180

nxserver/node.conf
LOAD_BALANCE_ALGORITHM="round-robin"

(my node.conf is complicated, because I define the list of
available servers with another script).

If you want more details, please ask.
best,
Julie