[FreeNX-kNX] nxclient custom fonts on rhel6

Michael Coffman michael.coffman at avagotech.com
Wed May 9 14:42:46 UTC 2012

Hello,

I need help configuring global system fonts for the nxclient on redhat 6.
We have a custom application that requires custom fonts.   On rhel5, I set
the following in the node.cfg file

AgentFontServer = "unix/:7100"

As of rhel6, redhat no longer has a font server.   Is there an alternative
way to add fonts for the nxclient application?   I have tried adding the
fonts to the system location for rhel6 /etc/X11/fontpath.d, but nxclient
does not seem to honor that location

My installation:

$ lsb_release -a
LSB Version:
:core-4.0-amd64:core-4.0-noarch:graphics-4.0-amd64:graphics-4.0-noarch:printing-4.0-amd64:printing-4.0-noarch
Distributor ID: RedHatEnterpriseWorkstation
Release:        6.2
Codename:       Santiago

$ rpm -q freenx-server nxclient nx

freenx-server-0.7.3-18.el6.x86_64