[FreeNX-kNX] The nomachine window dissapears when connecting to freenx from windows 7

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Mon Jun 25 08:53:08 UTC 2012

freenx-knx-bounces at kde.org wrote on 21/06/2012 14:28:39:

> Hi
> I am trying to connect to my workstation where i installed freenx
> server. It is a fedora 16.
> I open the nomachine client in my windows 7 laptop,

There are/were a few potential issues with win7 eg. 8.3 namespace . . .

> configure for shadow session, enter password and select
> the session from the list,

This shows that you can actually connect to FreeNX . . .

Did you try without shadowing or reconnecting ??

> the nx screen pops up displaying the nx symbol and
> immediately dissapears.

Is the client (nxssh) still running on windows after this ???

What's in the client session log on windows ???

> If i do the same from the local linux desktop where freenx
> is running the nx window works properly and shows my Xsession.

So it's probably a windows/nxclient issue (or shadowing)

[SNIP]

NOTE
If the connection is still up you will see an associated:-
         netcat 127.0.0.1 port
spawned by an nx owned nxserver process

So

Try without shadowing.
Try starting NEW session from windows and see if that works.
Check if the nxclient nxssh is sill running on windows
        after your connect attempts fail.
Have a look for a helpful error message in the windows
         session log.

Look in the nomachine knowledgebase for nxclient/windows7
        and ensure you haven't signed up for a known issue.

http://www.nomachine.com/ar/index.php?search_adv=2&src=1&pattern=windows+7&applies_to=NX+Client+Products&filter=0&date=all_date&src=1&x=0&y=0