[FreeNX-kNX] cant get working remote printing

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Fri Jul 27 12:48:47 UTC 2012

freenx-knx-bounces at kde.org wrote on 26/07/2012 16:25:09:

> Chris, im using Fedora, where can i download de patched version?. I
> look in freenx SVN, and file nxnode is almost the same that the one
> i have installed. Or the patch is in another file?
>
> thanks, Eric.

I just had a look through the fedora nxnode and I think they only
half patched it for smb/cifs. . .

The samba line has

[ "$samba" = "1" -a "$ENABLE_CUPS_SERVER_EXPORT" = "1" ] && [ -d
"$USER_FAKE_HOME/.nx/C-$sess_id/cups" ] && export

ie only export if the :-

        "$USER_FAKE_HOME/.nx/C-$sess_id/cups"

already exists, which of course it doesn't.

If you already have the latest fedora, try making a copy of nxnode then
apply the changes in the diff and see if it fixes the issue.

There are still some other issues even with this tho'

e.g. if you set

        ENABLE_CUPS_SERVER_EXPORT="1"

but don't set up a remote printer than you can't print to
the server cupsd

I have a better patch in my nxnode which deals with this
and
gets rid of the annoying dialog asking your users if they
want to keep the previous printer driver
but
I don't have time to
port it to a fedora16 nxnode
and
test it today
but
if the diff fixes the immediate issue I'll see what I can
do over the next few days . . .