[FreeNX-kNX] How does freenx work?

dE . de.techno at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 00:03:44 UTC 2012

Hi!

Sorry if this's a duplicate question, but it's nature is such that it's
not googleable.

I didn't find anything the in the nomachine KB.

Apparently freenx is lacking documentation stating exactly how the
server works, and what the client does.

For e.g. there's no info on what all the nx* commands do, there's no
definition of 'session' and 'session cookie'. The authentication method
has not been described properly (first there's the SSH authentication,
then some other kind of keybased authentication internal to freenx);
what happens over the SSH connection (transfer of raw data, or using SSH
directly to froward a trusted X connection)? What does nxsetup do?

So I was looking forwards twards some kind of documentation, after which
I will myself document more (Sort of proper and detailed tutorial) of it.

As of the current time all unofficial documentation are howtos which
teaches you how to setup a server quick.