[FreeNX-kNX] Patch to (re)-allow FreeNX shadowing of :0 (Local) sessions - ubuntu FreeNX and its derivatives

Marcelo Boveto Shima marceloshima at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 17:19:06 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 5:24 AM, Jean Milot <jmilot at dotriver.eu> wrote:
> Hi Marcelo,
>
> Are you interested to develop a new freenx ?

Not a new freenx, something different.

I did wrote a NX server with python called tacix 2 or 3 years ago.
It was based on ConsoleKit for session db. You can search on this
list history for the tacix architecture I implemented.

Tacix was a session manager and had nx, xrdp and vnc support.
For nx it had support smb with gvfs dbus interface.
Shadow with LinuxVNC (for console), vnc, rdp.
Sessions integration using ConsoleKit and gdm.

But then systemd/lightdm where introduced with some interesting
session manager ideas and I decided to wait.

I could help with the development.

Regards.