[FreeNX-kNX] Segfault Error 6 in libc-2.11.1.so When Attemtping to Login to My Server Remotely via NoMachine Client

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Sun Feb 19 10:02:17 UTC 2012

freenx-knx-bounces at kde.org wrote on 19/02/2012 00:46:24:

> Hey Chris, here are the libc files I have.  Also, even with PAM set
> to no, I still get a segmentation fault.
>
> Output:
>
> eric at eric-desktop:~$ sudo find / -iname "libc-*"
> /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc-2.11.1.so
> /lib/libc-2.11.1.so

Hmmm

You can try a few things . . .

1/

sudo strace -f  sudo /usr/sbin/sshd -d -d -d -p 1000

2/

edit /etc/hosts and change

::1             localhost ipv6-localhost ipv6-loopback

#::1             localhost ipv6-localhost ipv6-loopback

Do you use IPv6 at all ???

I noticed the successful loopback connection in your debug
used ::1 rather than 127.0.0.1

3/

There is a "debianism" related to /lib/tls/i686/etc
so
Put /etc/hosts back and try :-

  sudo touch  /etc/ld.so.nohwcap