[FreeNX-kNX] Segfault Error 6 in libc-2.11.1.so When Attemtping to Login to My Server Remotely via NoMachine Client

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Tue Feb 14 20:07:51 UTC 2012

freenx-knx-bounces at kde.org wrote on 14/02/2012 17:45:42:

> Thanks for the information Chris.  I'll give it another shot, but
> I'm unable to even get into my machine with the nxclient from my
> Windows machines.  The server experiences the segfault and says
> authentication failed.  I think the problem started when I was last
> able to remote in and started a session where I was using Firefox
> and FireFTP.  I closed the session (didn't terminate it), and I've
> not been able to get back in since.
>
> I'll get you more information, and I really appreciate your help this
far.

Actually I've just had a look through your debug again.

NOTE
NX makes two ssh connections, a remote using rsa and then
another to localhost using password.

On yours the second one fails, but running sshd in debug mode
means you only get one connection.

so

to debug this second connection you will need to run
a separate sshd in debug mode.
and
tell FreeNX to use that one using SSHD_PORT=

It's just as easy to run two in debug mode so
you get a full picture

You will need two "root" terminal sessions on your server.

Stop the ssh service

In terminal 1 run

        /usr/sbin/sshd -d -d -d -p 22

        If you have changed from port 22 to another one
                 - use the other one.

In terminal 2

        edit /etc/nxserver/node.conf and change
        #SSHD_PORT=22 (or whater you use)
                to a different port eg.1000
        & uncomment it if necessary
        SSHD_PORT=1000

then run

        /usr/sbin/sshd -d -d -d -p 1000-or-whatever

to start the second sshd in term2

Then you can try your nxclient
        (against the sshd on the port in t1)

and see if it falls over . . .

I note the sshd pid from the segfault does not
correspond to any of the sshd pids in your debug.

Are you sure they are related ??