[FreeNX-kNX] Call to bind failed.

Jeffrey Parker thexder1 at netzero.net
Thu Aug 23 21:08:06 UTC 2012

>> but now I have a new problem on one
>> computer.

>Should be a new thread then . . .

>>  Everytime I try to connect to it using NX I get the following error
>>
>> Error: Call to bind failed for font TCP port 11000. Error is 98
>> 'Address already in use'.

>. . . except if you'd looked you'd have seen it was an old one.

 >        http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/freenx-knx/2009-June/008260.html

>and

>         http://www.nomachine.com/tr/view.php?id=TR05E01682

>for those who think it's FreeNX only . . .

Except there are no other NX sessions running on that computer when I try
to connect and get that error. Every piece of information I saw on it
assumes that there are other sessions running and it is an issue with
concurrent sessions. That is not the case here. No NX sessions running on
the server, I connect and I get the error message.