[FreeNX-kNX] Multi-window weird wine behavior

Vinicius Massuchetto viniciusmassuchetto at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 13:10:45 UTC 2011

2011/9/24  <chris at ccburton.com>:

> freenx-knx-bounces at kde.org wrote on 24/09/2011 00:29:35:

> So the issue is following the nxclient . . . .
>
> Are the linux and windows nxclients you used of the same version ???

Yes.

> Is it the latest version of the nxclient ???

Yes. Here's what I'm using:
Ubuntu Package: 0.7.3.git110520.3884279-0ubuntu1ppa4
NXServer: 3.2.0-74-SVN OS (GPL, using backend: 3.5.0) (as shown from
`nxserver --stats`)
NXClient: 3.5.0-7

>> > As a quick test, I just tried "wine notepad" from a windows xp
>> > machine with nxclient 3.5.0-7
>> > and only got one window on the task bar, running both rootless
>> > and with full KDE desktop.
>> >
>> > Do you see the same two windows on the start bar running
>> > notepad
>> > else
>> > which application is causing it ??
>>
>> Notepad windows are ok.
>
> The same way as you run your "custom application" ???

Yes. I use a shell script to set some environment variables and then
launch the program. On the client I use the "run the following
command" option to run this script.

>> This issue seems only to affect a custom
>> ordered software we use. It seems to be pretty odd to run software
>> under Wine on Windows... =/
>>
>> So, how can I check witch application is generating a "second" window?
>> If it is Wine, or NX.
>
> Sounds like it's your windows client.

That would be a good thing to find out.

Thanks again.