[FreeNX-kNX] ENABLE_LOAD_BALANCE_PREFERENCE option

Matthew Beals mjbeals at mtu.edu
Sun Sep 4 00:30:04 UTC 2011

I have a system setup with four nodes being routed through a single 'head' machine using load balancing.  Load balancing works fine using round-robbin and random (I have yet to try to implement load based), but it appears that the ENABLE_LOAD_BALANCE_PREFERENCE directive does nothing.  The client either connects to an existing session or starts a new one with no sort of prompting the user.  I have found absolutely no documentation on how to allow the user to choose the server, so I may just be doing it wrong.

Also, the 4 nodes are setup as members of a NIS domain for authentication.  The machine that is acting as the nx load-balancer is also the NIS master, but does not authenticate through NIS (NIS users cannot log into the machine).  This is an issue since nx appears to be authenticating the user on the load-balancing server.  Is there a way to either hand off authentication to the nodes or force nx to authenticate against ypserve instead of passwd/shadow .... or is this more of an ssh problem.

thanks,
Matt

Matthew Beals
Michigan Technological University