[FreeNX-kNX] Re: Shadow session - NX client loads the session window but closes with black screen

José Pablo Méndez Soto auxcri at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 04:19:59 UTC 2011

Thanks Chris,

and to everybody:

I can now establish a session from computer B to computer A(server), and
then, from another computer, including computerA itself, shadow session on
computer B. That makes no sense to me at all. I interpreted the explanation
at <
http://openfacts2.berlios.de/wikien/index.php/BerliosProject:FreeNX_-_HowtoShadow#An_example_nxshadowacl>
thinking that you can shadow the local user, meaning the person sitting in
front of the NX server, aka computer A.

I need to shadow the local user because of drivers and sound requirements.
Here is the scenario:

   - I need to join a webex meeting, a remote presenter (another coworker
   within the company) will share his desktop and establish an audio conference
   on the local session.
   - I will be sitting next to another person in the local session.
   - The audio jack of the server PC is split in 2 ports.
   - I will shadow the local session to participate in the remote
   presentation, the 2 PCs are next to each other, so my coworker will have a
   set of headphones and I will have the other, sharing the audio directly from
   the source, and I will get the video from the NX session
   - If I establish a session from the NX server itself, then we get no
   audio because the webex meeting is not linked to the local session, even
   when the client runs on the server itself, the meeting was started on a
   remote session so that it can be shadowed.

How, then, can I shadow the local user?

THanks,

 *José Pablo Méndez
     *********