[FreeNX-kNX] Re: problems w/ freenx 0.7.0 and lastes nomachine sources on RHEL6.0

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Thu Jul 28 16:54:53 UTC 2011

hp <aput99 at yahoo.com> wrote on 28/07/2011 17:46:58:

> not sure why but it comes back almost instantaneously now --don't
> even have a chance to go get coffee :( ..
>
> [user1:~] ssh -X user1 at some.host "/usr/libexec/nx/nxnode --agent"
> user1 at some.host's password:
> NX> 1000 NXNODE - Version 3.2.0-74-SVN OS (GPL, using backend: 3.3.0)
> NX> 716 Starting NX Agent ...
> _XSERVTransSocketINETCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
> _XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: server already running
> Error: Aborting session with 'Cannot establish any listening sockets
> - Make sure an X server isn't already running'.
> Session: Aborting session at 'Thu Jul 28 11:32:36 2011'.
> Session: Session aborted at 'Thu Jul 28 11:32:36 2011'.
> NX> 716 NX Agent exited with status: 1
> NX> 1001 Bye.

Fine.

Now try it with the terminals, and we'll see if agent runs on
its own . . .

If you need to, you can use two ssh sessions, one

ssh -X with nxagent :2100

Wait for the window or an error message . . .

the other ssh with export DISPLAY=:2100 ; xterm

The  xterm should appear in the window, else you
should get a winge . .