[FreeNX-kNX] Trouble with rdp tunneling

Joseph Simonds greenwireless at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 19:40:59 UTC 2011

Hi -

I have been using freenx on ubuntu 10.04 for a while now to connect to a
windows machine via RDP tunnel. I absolutely love the speed and
responsiveness as compared to directly connecting via RDP. I just updated
packages on the linux server and noticed a new version got installed from
the freenx ppa team. Now when I try to connect with the windows tunnel it
gives me this error in /home/user/.nx/some-unique-key/session:
*/usr/lib/nx/nxnode:
line 785: /usr/lib/nx/nxdesktop: No such file or directory.* But if I
connect directly to the gnome desktop running on the linux server it
connects no problem. Any idea what could be going on here?

Thanks,

Joseph Simonds
greenwireless at gmail.com