[FreeNX-kNX] Re: Flickering problem

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Tue Feb 15 13:54:10 UTC 2011

Marco Passerini <marco.passerini at csc.fi> wrote on 15/02/2011 10:13:45:
[SNIP]
> I tried on one of his computers, and I had the same problem with my own
> account.

So, this means it's not your accounts.

> On my laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad T400, Freenx client 3.3.0-6) everything
> works fine. The other two test users didn't report any problem, things
> work fine for them.

Do you mean you tried from your Thinkpad to his server, and it
worked fine??

Have you tried connecting from his workstations to a server which
you know works correctly??

> The server is using:
> idesk-0.7.5-7.el5.x86_64
> fluxbox-1.0.0-1.el5.x86_64

Hmmm

Try setting the client to run xterm or something, rootless
ie.in <Configure><General tab><Desktop Unix Custom><
settings button><Run the following command>

You can try your fonts and run fluxbox from the command
line.

You can run nxagent directly on the server and see
if you can see the flickering.

In a terminal session, run:-
nxagent :1000

In another terminal sessio, run:-
fluxbox --display :1000

> I tried to change the font, as that is the flickering part of the
> screen. It still flickers even if I change to different font and size.
[SNIP]
> Regards,
> Marco
[SNIP]