[FreeNX-kNX] Re: Strange problem with text colors

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 20:48:59 UTC 2011

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 11:00 AM, Dan Bretherton
<d.a.bretherton at reading.ac.uk> wrote:

> Tamás, when you eventually had a chance to go back to an earlier
> version of nx/freenx from CentOS and find that the problem is indeed
> related to the latest version, could you please file a report at
> http://bugs.centos.org ?
>
> You can find what has changed in the CentOS version of nx/freenx in
> this summary report:
>
> http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=4410
>
> Akemi (toracat)
>
> Hello All-
>
> I have the same problem with the following CentOS server packages and the
> latest Windows and Linux clients from NoMachine.
>
> nx-3.4.0-6.el5.centos.i386
> freenx-0.7.3-6.el5.centos.i386
>
> I am using the XFCE4 desktop environment and have experienced the problem
> with gnome-terminal and terminal (from XFCE4 desktop).  Downgrading the
> freenx package didn't make any difference, but downgrading to
> nx-3.4.0-4.el5.centos.i386 solved the problem for me.  I have submitted the
> following bug report.
>
> http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=4726
>
> Regards
> -Dan.

Thanks for the additional information you provided in the above bug
report, which is:

It also sounds very much like the problem described in this NoMachine
Trouble Report.

http://www.nomachine.com/tr/view.php?id=TR11H02405

Also, you identified the problem to be related to nx, not freenx.
There were 2 files in nx that were updated from the previous version:

  nx-X11-3.4.0-4
  nxagent-3.4.0-11

Hopefully, NoMachine would come up with a fix soon.

Akemi (toracat)