[FreeNX-kNX] How to compile FreeNX?

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Fri Dec 2 14:23:21 UTC 2011

freenx-knx-bounces at kde.org wrote on 02/12/2011 13:58:26:

> > nxnode-login is part of FreeNX, so you have a mix of both
> > installed
>
> What a mess.

Shouldn't be . .

> > expect is used in the "wait for a password loop" which is what
> > the expect language is mostly used for.
>
> I see.
>
> > No. You got those errors because you installed nomachine's
> >
> >          "NX Free Edition for Linux"
> >
> > and then
> > ran the FreeNX setup,
> > which is missing agent, libraries, expect (before you installed it)
> > because
> > they are in a different place (on purpose, 'cos Fabian wanted
> > people to be able to have both installed at once)
>
> What should I have done instead of?:
>
> cd /usr/
> tar xzf ~/nxclient-3.5.0-7.x86_64.tar.gz
> tar xzf ~/nxnode-3.5.0-7.x86_64.tar.gz
> tar xzf ~/nxserver-3.5.0-9.x86_64.tar.gz
> cd

That should be enough . . .

> apt-get install subversion patch
> svn checkout svn://svn.berlios.de/freenx/trunk
>
> cd /root/trunk/freenx-server
> patch -p0 < gentoo-nomachine.diff

I don't see why you need that on ubuntu

> cp nx* /usr/NX/bin/
> cp node.conf.sample /usr/NX/etc/node.conf
> /usr/NX/bin/nxsetup --install --setup-nomachine-key

I have as little to do with ubuntu as possible, so don't
quote me but I suspect that !M and ubuntu-FreeNX use the
same file locations, so you should have one or the other
installed.

Fabian tried to keep them separate.