[FreeNX-kNX] How to compile FreeNX?

Sandra Schlichting littlesandra88 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 11:07:56 UTC 2011

> It looks like you are missing a couple of dependencies - 'expect' and the NX
> libs. Expect is a common package and should be available in your package
> manager.

Ahh yes. "apt-get install expect" solved that one. Great =)

> The NX libs are less common, and reputedly a pain to compile. They
> are packaged though - see Henning's suggestion about the PPA.

That's the problem. The owner of the PPA have deleted all the packages
sometime within the last 2 weeks =(

It is those i386 packages that I have used for testing, and now I
wanted to reproduce the setup, but with with the amd64 packages, but
they were all gone.

I haven't been able to find any other that package FreeNX, sp I guess
the only way to compile it?