[FreeNX-kNX] NoMachine NX 4 client and FreeNX

Liam Gretton liam.gretton at leicester.ac.uk
Fri Aug 19 11:32:07 UTC 2011

Hi,

With Mac OS X 10.7 getting deployed more widely, we've hit a problem
where Mac users can no longer run NX Client 3 and have been installing
NX4 instead.

I've not been able to get a NX4 client to connect to our FreeNX servers.
Authentication works, but the session fails to start properly.

Our FreeNX systems are running either openSUSE 11.1 or Scientific Linux
5.4, with FreeNX 0.7.3-5 reporting 'Version 3.2.0-73 OS (GPL, using
backend: 3.4.0)'.

Before I spend a lot of time trying to find a solution, can anyone
confirm (or otherwise) that it is possible to use a NX4 client to start
a session on a FreeNX server?

Thanks,

Liam

Liam Gretton                                    liam.gretton at le.ac.uk
HPC Architect                                 http://www.le.ac.uk/its
IT Services                                   Tel: +44 (0)116 2522254
University of Leicester, University Road
Leicestershire LE1 7RH, United Kingdom