[FreeNX-kNX] Trouble with rdp tunneling

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Mon Aug 1 09:19:05 UTC 2011

Nick Baird <nick1 at permali.co.uk> wrote on 31/07/2011 16:30:12:
[SNIP]
> I checked the nxserver script and it contained the section you mentioned

> above,
> the only difference being that it was missing
> the application="$PATH_BIN/nxdesktop_helper" line.  I added this line to
the

Actually it's a wrapper for rdesktop, not a helper, and

I think nxnode sets this now after nxloadconfig changes
windows to windows helper . . . . so you can remove it !!!

node_find_application()
{
        NODE_STARTX=""

        case $1 in
                shadow|windows|vnc)
                        :
                ;;
                unix-kde)
                        NODE_STARTX=$COMMAND_START_KDE
                ;;
                unix-gnome)
                        NODE_STARTX=$COMMAND_START_GNOME
                ;;
                unix-cde)
                        NODE_STARTX=$COMMAND_START_CDE
                ;;
                windows-helper)
                        application="$PATH_BIN/nxdesktop_helper"
                        NODE_STARTX=$application
                ;;

[SNIP]
> NXLOADCONFIG contains the lines that you suggest it should.
>
> Nick

Well the individual lines might still be there, but
something seems to have changed somehere !!!

So

First of all try setting :-

        ENABLE_EXTERNAL_NXDESKTOP="1"

in node.conf (you can search for the entry)
and
see if that fixes it . . . .

else

as I don't use ubuntu, would you email me copies of your:-
nxloadconfig
nxserver
nxnode
nxdesktop_helper

and I'll have a quick look through a diff -u.

Don't post them to the list tho', email a zip direct.
CB