[FreeNX-kNX] Re: /usr/NX/lib not in search path (libXcomp.so.3 problem)

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Sat Apr 23 09:10:52 UTC 2011

cognitive.libertarian+ml at gmail.com wrote on 22/04/2011 19:31:14:

> nxagent reports:
>
>   /usr/bin/nxagent: error while loading shared libraries: libXcomp.
> so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> This file exists in /usr/NX/lib.

That means you have nxclient installed . . . .

Do you have the NX libraries installed ??

[SNIP]

> Where does the library need to appear?

Well, on my (Suse) machines it is in . . .

        /usr/lib/NX/lib/

(or /usr/lib64)

Note Suse NX rpm incluses agent libs etc all in one.

You don't trouble us with any information about your distro
but
if it provides several .deb files for a full installation you
might find you are short of one (or two).