[FreeNX-kNX] Re: Fedora 14 - Windows nomachine client tmes out after "negotiating link parameters"

Stargazer stargazer at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Apr 12 20:14:15 UTC 2011

On 11-Apr-2011 17:54, chris at ccburton.com wrote:

> Stargazer <stargazer at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote on 10/04/2011 22:14:00:
>
> [SNIP]
> > another Fed 14 server, running FreeNX, fine. The setups of both are
> > almost identical and I can SSH into both fine from Putty. The server
> > with the problem did work until 2 things were changed, but changed in a
> > way I'd hoped would have no effect and in fact haven't impacted
> anything
>
> Did you try changing them back ??

Hi Chris,

Yes I changed them back with no effect, i.e. I've tried with and without
NetworkManager. It's now back to NetworkManager because that has worked
before on sabbath and is the setup working now on zeppelin.

> > else (and so might not be relevant). First, the hosts file was
> changed -
> > it now looks like this, with example.com being replaced with the real
> > domain:
> >
> > 127.0.0.1 localhost sabbath.example.com
> > ::1 sabbath localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6
> >
> > 192.168.62.25  zeppelin zeppelin.example.com
>
> Try
>         ssh user at sabbath
> then
>         sudo su -l nx
>
> You should get :-
>
> HELLO NXSERVER - Version 3.x.x-xx OS (GPL, using backend:y)
> NX> 105
>
> Enter "login"  at the 105 prompt, then your
> username and
> password
> at the following prompts.
>
> If you get back to:-
> NX> 105
>
> . . . without errors, then the ssh localhost has worked, (you
> can enter "startsession" etc) which would point to
> something else.

Here's the result of your test:

[root at sabbath ~]# sudo su -l nx
HELLO NXSERVER - Version 3.2.0-74-SVN OS (GPL, using backend: not detected)
NX> 105 login
login
NX> 101 User: carl
carl
NX> 102 Password:
NX> 103 Welcome to: sabbath user: carl
NX> 105 startsession
startsession
NX> 106 Parameters:

?? What now?

> If you don't get back to 105
>
> try:-
>         ssh user at sabbath
> then
>         ssh user at localhost
> and see if you can connect locally  . . .
>
> [SNIP]
> >
> > Thanks
Thanks very much for your help with this, its driving us barmy!!!

-- Carl