[FreeNX-kNX] Fedora 14 - Windows nomachine client tmes out after "negotiating link parameters"

Stargazer stargazer at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Apr 10 21:14:00 UTC 2011

Hi list, this is my first post but I've been using the nomachine client
with Fedora for years.
I have a problem with one Fed 14 server in that after going through all
the usual authentication stages it always times out with that message. I
know its not my client because I can connec from home into the office to
another Fed 14 server, running FreeNX, fine. The setups of both are
almost identical and I can SSH into both fine from Putty. The server
with the problem did work until 2 things were changed, but changed in a
way I'd hoped would have no effect and in fact haven't impacted anything
else (and so might not be relevant). First, the hosts file was changed -
it now looks like this, with example.com being replaced with the real
domain:

127.0.0.1 localhost sabbath.example.com
::1 sabbath localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6

192.168.62.25  zeppelin zeppelin.example.com

Sabbath is the problem machine, Zeppelin is fine. Zeppelin's hosts file
looks the same with the names and IP's updated. It was changed from the
default setup because its cron email from addresses were using the
horrible localhost.localdomain syntax fedora still insists on putting in
as the default.

The second change, and I think this is different to Zeppelin, is there
were 3 entries in the network cards list, this is because it was
initially setup on a hdd in a caddy in another machine, then used in
Sabbath, hence when the network started it found the local eth device
and created a new entry. I used networkmanager to point to the eth
device - in the first config it was using the device but not
networkmanager. Clearly, that part all works as I can SSH in and in fact
as I said FreeNX authenticates fine.

These might seem irrelevant but they really are the only things changed
from a working system. Can anyone spot what I should be looking for to
fix this please?

Thanks