[FreeNX-kNX] Script to Download & Compile and rpm the v3.4.0 NX libraries and nxagent for OpenSuse 11.2

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Wed May 12 10:08:58 UTC 2010

Fritz Elfert <fritz at fritz-elfert.de> wrote on 11/05/2010 20:00:34:

> On 11.05.2010 17:44, chris at ccburton.com wrote:
> >
> > You need to update the script if nomachine change, because they
> > don't supply a link to their latest versions.
>
> Have a look at my script which fetches the latest NX sources
> automatically. It's part of my OpenNX project:
>
> http://opennx.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/opennx/trunk/opennx/getnxsrcpkg
>
> Invoked without any parameters it fetches everything. Invoked with the
> package basename(s) it fetche just the specified package(s) e.g:
>
> getnxsrcpkg nxssh nxcomp nxcompext
>
> Cheers
>  -Fritz

Hi fritz

Yup good stuff.

As you've probably worked out, my script is a vquick bodge
"bashed" out to get rid of the annoying evdev issue red hat kindly
dropped on everyone doing anything remote after I upgraded
a machine to opensuse 11.2 and got caught out.

I added a few bits for the subsequent machines, but I spent most
time tweaking the last lot of noachines source to get it to compile
on 11.2 (the latest compiles ok on 11.2) and making an rpm
( not something I do a lot of )

I've had some fun with this sort of script previously (eg on rhyolite
dcc).

One thing with your script is that if you are making nxagent and select :-

         nx-X11

eg you run

getnxsrcpkg nx-X11 nxcomp nxcompext nxcompshad nxproxy nxagent nxauth
gunzip *.gz
cd nx_X11
make World
cd ../nxproxy
make

you also get

        nx-X11-compat which is used for the windows client.

If you unzip this ( it puts itsself into the nx-X11 subdirectory), it will
break nxagent.

So

anyone setting off to make nxagent needs to make sure not to unzip

 nx-X11-compat !!

I think there must be more people with their own NX projects than ordinary
users
now!!

cb

http://openfacts2.berlios.de/wikien/index.php/BerliosProject:FreeNX_-_FAQ