[FreeNX-kNX] Fwd: Root keyboard mapping

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Mon Jan 4 16:15:47 UTC 2010

Fausto Lombardi <faulomba at gmail.com> wrote on 04/01/2010 14:18:36:

> In options file the keyboard is pc102/it (root or non-root).
> Furthermore in clients file i find:
>
> The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
> > Error:            Cannot open "compiled/server-1000.xkm" to write

That is the compiled keyboard mapping for display 1000

> keyboard description
> >                   Exiting
>
> Why?

It's probably as I said before, root uses a different configuration file
!!

As a good start, find which xorg.conf your root account is using.

You shouldn't be logging in as root in the first place.

Use su/sudo.

> Please help me!!!

Don't log in as root !!!

http://openfacts2.berlios.de/wikien/index.php/BerliosProject:FreeNX_-_FAQ