[FreeNX-kNX] Some questions about FreeNX Server

Andre Schild a.schild at aarboard.ch
Thu Feb 11 13:20:09 UTC 2010

Hello,

any ideas about this ?

> 2. When we map client drives (shares), then on login the user
>    is always presented a term screen with the following info:
>
> 	Info: Share: '//DESKPROSCA7/VM'
>
>    and either mount successful or some mount failed infos
>    Is there a way to disable the info to the user
>    when the mount did work ?
>

> 3. Same as 2., but for the printer mapping,
>    it always asks if the printer config from the
>    last time should be used, or if we wish to reconfigure it.

Can we "disable" these screens, or at least show them only when
something has changed in the configuration ?

> 4. We use gnome as desktop environment, and we can't print
>    to the client printer(s).
>    They not even show up in the available cups printers.
>    But as far as I can tell, they are installed correctly
>    but the cups socks port seems to ne be used by the gnome session...

When I go to the printer manager and select the CUPS server
as found in the .nx directory I can print test pages correctly to the
remote
printers.
So that part is now working.

I had to make a symlink for /usr/lib/nx/nxsmb -> /usr/lib/cups/backend
and also set chmod a+x for /usr/lib/libnxredir.so.0

But how do I tell the gnome environment to use that cups print server ?

André