[FreeNX-kNX] usb-pendrives with cifs instead of smbfs?

olaf olaf-linux at gmx.de
Mon Feb 8 17:43:37 UTC 2010

Hi!

Am Montag, 8. Februar 2010 12:18:18 schrieb Florian Schmidt:
> in node.conf is a config line:
> COMMAND_SMBMOUNT=smbmount
> you should try to change this to a working program (I don't know if the
> freenx code can handle mount -t cifs correctly, maybe you should also take
>  a look on the source code how smb/cifs is handled there).

I have now changed the following lines in node.conf:

SAMBA_MOUNT_SHARE_PROTOCOL="both"
ENABLE_SAMBA_PRELOAD="1"
#COMMAND_SMBMOUNT=smbmount
COMMAND_SMBMOUNT=/sbin/mount.cifs
#COMMAND_SMBUMOUNT=smbumount
COMMAND_SMBMOUNT_CIFS=/sbin/mount.cifs
COMMAND_SMBUMOUNT_CIFS=/sbin/umount.cifs

Now a popup in the nx-Session tells me

"Info: Share: `//linux-my-pc/my-username failed to mount: mount error(!):
Operation not permitted
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) page (e.g. man mount.cifs)"

I'm frustrated.

Bye
Olaf