[FreeNX-kNX] Re: Connection error with ubuntu 10.04 & 10.10

Arnaud Fenioux afenioux at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 17:37:19 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 4:31 PM,  <chris at ccburton.com> wrote:
[SNIP]

> Did you check out MTU over the 3G link.
>
> There should be no difference whichever way it gets there, but
> a session which partially starts and then falls over with the server
> complaining about losing the client is one (good) symptom of
> path-MTU not working.
>
> I guess you know how to check this out from reading your posts.

Right, the mtu given by the 3G link is equal to 1486
(checked with an ifconfig and some tests like "ping google.com -s 1500 -M do" )
I tried to set this value higher on the client interface, but it didn't worked,
since I set the mtu to a lower value on the server interface, it's
working like a charm :)

Questions are : why are the packet set with the flag "don't frangment"
(I checked with a tcpdump -vv) is that something due to ssh?
why is windows mtu set to 1500? (command "netsh interface ipv4 show
interfaces") something due to the driver?
why did it worked with previous version of ubuntu ( 9.10-  server-side
speaking) ?

We may not find the answers, I let them as a reflexion to the readers...

Cheers,
and THANK YOU for your help