[FreeNX-kNX] keyboard not working on lucid 10.04 client

William McCabe wmccabe at ee.columbia.edu
Fri Aug 27 17:50:54 UTC 2010

Everyone,

I am running Ubuntu 10.04 with a freenx server version 3.4.

I am connecting with a 3.4 version of the client. I can login and get a
gnome session. My mouse works, but only a few keys on my keyboard work.

Specifically, inside the terminal application, the arrow keys on the
numeric keypad work, none of the letters do.

In the calculator the numbers work on the numeric keybad. No other
characters work.

I have already gone into the gconf-editor and gone to
apps/plugins/keyboard and unchecked active.

That has not done anything, I still cannot use my keyboard. There are no
errors in the .xsession-error logs that refer directly to a keyboard.

I do get some errors like this:

gnome-settings-daemon: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily
unavailable)

Also, I have changed my preferences->keyboard->layout to evdev-managed
keyboard and my xorg.conf to use the evdev driver for the keyboard on
the server, no change.

Thanks for the help.