[FreeNX-kNX] Is it possible to prevent a specific user logging into freeNX - using ENABLE_SSH_AUTHENTICATION="1"

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Fri Aug 27 13:39:55 UTC 2010

Morgan Cox <morgancoxuk at gmail.com> wrote on 26/08/2010 17:15:50:

> Hi.
>
> It is possible to prevent access for a specific user from logging
> into FreeNX using the  ENABLE_SSH_AUTHENTICATION="1" ?

If you mean "WHILST using ENABLE_SSH_AUTHENTICATION="1""

If nxacl isn't there already . . .

As root
cp /usr/bin/nxacl.sample /usr/bin/nxacl

chmod 755 /usr/bin/nxacl

Modify to suit . . .

Trivial example . . .

edit, adding above the allow_all on line 64 the following:-

if [ "$USER" = "whoever-you-want-to-stop" ] ; then
        exit 1
fi

allow_all

Obviously it would be better to check if the user was in a
FreeNX group and then permit instead . . . .

eg

id -Gn|grep -q -w "your-freenx-permitted-users-group-name" || exit 1