[FreeNX-kNX] “Could not find shadowed session” error

Yang Zhang yanghatespam at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 19:03:01 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 6:23 AM,  <chris at ccburton.com> wrote:

> Yang Zhang <yanghatespam at gmail.com> wrote on 23/08/2010 18:56:46:
>
>> tried again, no difference (same error).
>>
>> Strange that I would need VNC.
>
> Ooops, sorry, not reading your post properly, the locals look like some
> vnc stuff which appears in the logs when you vnc connect.
>
> For X shadowing there isn't much to configure.
>
> Do you have an nxshadowacl??

Yes:

$ cat /etc/nxserver/nxshadowacl
#!/bin/sh

# Deny all sessions to be shadowed by anyone besides the same user.
exit 1

# Allow all sessions to be shadowed by anyone.
#exit 0

> If you do then you need to connect to shadow a session as the same
> user as the target session, else you won't see it as an option to
> connect to.
>
> ie.
> log in as "yang" using Unix kde in nxclient's General, Desktop
>
> log in again as "yang" with shadow in nxclient General Desktop
> and you should see your previous session.

That's what I'm already doing.

> Note there are so many different versions of FreeNX at various
> patch levels now that I can't exactly be sure that yours works
> the same as mine !!

I'm using the freenx PPA on Ubuntu 10.04 (freenx 3.2.0-74-svn).
--
Yang Zhang
http://yz.mit.edu/