[FreeNX-kNX] Wrong keypad with opensuse in spite of new NX3.4 and patched nxnode

olafs6 at gmx.de olafs6 at gmx.de
Wed Aug 4 16:01:04 UTC 2010

Hi!

Am Mittwoch, 4. August 2010 10:53:01 schrieb chris at ccburton.com:
> Persistance pays . . .

He is not the maintander (is this the right word..?) for the nx-rpm, but he
has the knowledge and contacts about those things.

> What do you see if you run . . .
>
>         strings /usr/lib{,64}/NX/nxagent|grep "NXAGENT - Version"

NXAGENT - Version 3.4.0
strings: '/usr/lib64/NX/nxagent': No such file

> If you're using x86_64,

oehhmm ...

> you need to make sure your FreeNX is pointing to
> whatever you have installed . . . .

... I don't understand ...

> [SNIP]
>
> > After all it does only work for the client with ubuntu, but it does not
>
> work
>
> > on my primary clients (thinclients).
>
> So . . .
>
> . . . it works, with all correct keymappings from ubuntu (with evdev) to
> your
> opensuse 11.2 FreeNX with the NX-3.4 nxagent  ??

I'm not sure if really _all_ keys/signs are correct, but my "typical using"-
keys are correct now on ubuntu, including arrow-keys and "@"

> Did it only start mapping correctly from ubuntu when you went to NXv3.4
> and added the patch, or was it working before ??

Before that the arrow-keys and the "@" were broken from ubuntu. Now, after
installing NXv3.4 and adding the patch on the server, it works (from ubuntu).

> > Thinstation mapped my keyboard correct, I think, because at the
> > thinstation/nomachine-login-screen the "@" works, but in the icewm/kde-
> > sessions after that it does not work.
>
> The issue is the keymapping within nxagent.
>

> If you connect with NX to your 11.2 server from itself,
> using the latest nxclient
> and look at the key mappings,
> that will tell you if the nxagent really is OK with evdev.

I will try, but I'm not able at the moment because the server is without
screen, keypad a.s.o.

> > Server: OpenSuse 11.2, german settings
> > ThinClients: booting a thinstation-image over pxe from the server and
>
> starts
>
> > nomachine-Client 3.4
>
> Hmmmm
>
> What happens in a Thinstation to NX connection, when you use the
> up-arrow key from the group of four arrow keys ( not on the numeric pad)

The arrow-keys works on my "real thinclients" with Thinstation to NX
connection. I think only the AltGR-key do not work.

(The arrow-keys were broken on _ubuntu_ before NXv3.4 + patch)

> This is one of the keys which is mapped differently with the evdev
> sabotage (possibly the most annoying one)
>
> Are you sure you have (only) the latest nxclient on your pixie image??

I'm using thinstation 2.2.2d. It builds only what I out-commentated in a file
named "build.conf". In one line there is

param nxurl          http://thinstation.org/download/2.3/nxclient-3.x-
current.i386.tar.gz

so I think thinstation loads the newest nx-version at build.-time.
But I'm not sure, I found in their lists at sourceforge a calendar entry from
2007 at the nx-download-file, so I will aks on their maillinglist.

Bye
Olaf