[FreeNX-kNX] Window decorations missing

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 25 05:18:55 UTC 2010

Apologies for posting on a freenx list - I am using standard noMachine
NX, but apparently the problem that I am having also occurs on freenx.
The problem is as described here:

http://www.ubun2.com/tags/remote_desktop
<http://www.ubun2.com/question/493/ubuntu_window_border_missing_no_maximize_minimize_buttons_how_fix>

I obviously messed up my comment on that sight as I seemed to have
posted it 3 times without knowing. However the comment is:

====
I have the same issue with a single user/desktop. The target
user/desktop is the only one that has this problem. I can NX to other
users/desktops on the same machine and all the window decorations are
working. I've also found that if I issue:
$ metacity
on the client from within a target terminal, window decorations work.
However I must keep that terminal open in order to keep window
decoration (WD) during the session. Also noted that I do not have this
problem if I am using an NX (noMachine) client from a Win7 system. I
suspect that there is something in the target metacity/compiz
user/desktop profile that is causing this, but can't figure out where
the issue/setting is. Any suggestions?
NX Client machines: Ubuntu 8.04, 9.10, 10.04. All running the latest
noMachine client, node, server packages. Win7 is running the latest NX
client software. NX Target machine: Ubuntu 9.10 fully updated. Also have
purged & reinstalled on all with no change.
====

Any ideas as to where I can look to troubleshoot this? I obviously can
recreate the user/desktop, but would rather not as this has been my
primary user/desktop from edgy tru karmic.