[FreeNX-kNX] cups does not work on my server?

olaf-linux at gmx.de olaf-linux at gmx.de
Wed Apr 21 08:04:49 UTC 2010

Hi!

My network-printer does not work on my new FreeNX-server.
I don't know if there is any causal relationship between FreeNX and the
following problem, I think it's only a little chance to ask here:

I have installed a new server with opensuse 11.2, freeNX, LDAP.
The only siginificant difference to my other personal computers are the
installed FreeNX and LDAP.
The network-printer, the server, and all personal computers are on the
same switch/hub, the printer works fine with all "old" standalone
computers.

Installing the driver, setup the printer with yast or
http://localhost:631, sending a print-job with yast, kde or
http://localhost:631 all looks fine, but the printer do "nothing".
In /var/log/cups/error_log I can not see any reason for this.
The printer works fine with all other "old" standalone computers in my
network.

Is there a relationship?

error_log with the FreeNX server: http://pastebin.de/5488 (no printing)
error_log with an old standalone computer: http://pastebin.de/5508