[FreeNX-kNX] Freenx - Client side Windows printing

Edgar Sampson edgar at isoft.co.za
Tue Sep 22 13:06:19 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm using freenx-0.7.3-1.el4.centos on Centos 4.7 and Nomachine client
3.3.0-6 for Windows running cups-1.2.12. So far my sessions are working
as expected. I am able to mount the users local filesystem using CIFS.
However I seem to struggle to get the client side printing up and
running.

I have shared the local printer. When logging into a KDE session I can
see the share being mounted, the NX printer configuration screen with my
shared local printer displaying. I have installed a local printer driver
however I cannot see the printer in my KDE session when doing a lpstat.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,
Edgar