[FreeNX-kNX] reboot leaves lock files in /tmp

Terje Andersen terander at guard.zapto.org
Thu Sep 17 00:10:21 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 16. September 2009 21.29.01 Eli Morris wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm having a problem with freenx-server 0.7.3 on an up to date 64 bit
> Fedora 11 where whenever I reboot, I can't log in via nx anymore.
> Can't recall the error message, but it comes down to the .X and .nx
> lock files in /tmp. If I remove those I can reconnect again, but I'd
> like not to have to manually remove them every time I reboot. These
> reboots are normal controlled reboots, not crashes or power outages.
> Anyone have an idea why the lock files are not getting removed?

This is an old problem which I thought was gone now - I don't experience this
on my systems, so I'm not sure why it happens on yours.

Maybe this search might be of help to sort it out?
http://www.google.com/search?hl=no&source=hp&fkt=2617&fsdt=44830&q=freenx+lock+/tmp+site:mail.kde.org/pipermail/freenx-
knx/&btnG=Google-søk&meta=&aq=f&oq=

or if not, this might help:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=freenx+lock+/tmp+site:berlios.de&btnG=Søk&meta=

Maybe you could write a rc script that removes those lock-files after boot?

Regards,
Terje